CDL A Truck Drivers
Performs a variety of tasks relating to day-to-day sales, product transportation, issue, receipt, delivery, and control for a distribution center. Primary duties include driving trucks short and long distances to deliver a variety of products to customers in compliance with all Company safety policies and state and federal transportation regulations.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Load and unload delivery trucks – requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 150 pounds.
- Timely transportation of product from origin to destination as assigned.
- Collect payments from customers in the monetary form acceptable to Company.
- Be familiar with all product literature, promotions, programs, and be able to convey product information and availability to customers.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork concerning delivery orders required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies delivery.
- Maintain professional representation of the Company in all interactions with customers and through responsible driving.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records required by law and Company policy.
- Abide by all Company safety policies and state and federal transportation regulations.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the handling and preparation of paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations and mental ability to handle receipts, read maps, road signs, maintain logs, etc.
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront.
- Possess working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems.
- Ability to apply knowledge of commercial driving and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather or in tight loading areas.
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in English.
- Possess strong attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional and cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work.
- Possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid CDL Class A Driver License.
- Must be able to obtain or currently have a CDL Medical card.
- Cannot have a criminal background.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1-3 years’ route delivery driver experience desired